getin41 Maersk Line - Kenya
Payroll Deployment Specialist – Maersk
Hiring Organization: Maersk – Kenya
Job Reference: MA-291316
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Application Deadline: 24th October 2021
About the Role
The Payroll Deployment Specialist – Maersk role is based in one of Maersk’s key locations in (Nairobi, Kenya).
The People Partnering hub is a truly international HR support center where you will work alongside, learn from and build lasting relationships with colleagues from all over the world. By Joining Maersk, you will become part of the global family of the company that moves 20% of global trade everyday all the way. Where one of their core values is Their Employees. It goes without saying that Maersk values diversity: They thrive on the diversity of their talent in all its forms. They see it as a strength in building high-performance teams across brands, cultures, and locations.
You will have a unique opportunity to stretch your capabilities by learning from, sparring with and building lasting relationships with diverse and professional colleagues all over the world.
In this role, you will support the regional payroll organization. Working with a matrixed group of stakeholders and vendors to ensure great employee experience and regulatory compliance from a payroll, time and attendance delivery perspective.
The role will be responsible for some of the countries listed below, experience in working with any of the countries listed would be advantageous:
At Maersk they have a vision that’s larger than the ocean: “to be a true integrator of container logistics connecting and simplifying our customers supply chain through global end-to-end solutions.”
Maersk counts on our people to make it happen.
That is why they are building a new global HR service enabled by new technology: to make sure they deliver great experience to their people, so they can deliver great experience to their customers.
The HR organization of the Future will work across brands, geographies, and cultures to support one global Maersk. By joining their regional team for Europe and Africa early on, you have a unique opportunity to influence the vision and delivery of the People Partnering Organization.
As they prepare to go live with a new service delivery model, related technology and processes, your main responsibilities will be to:
- Analyze local legal, fiscal, and regulatory requirements across a group of countries and asses the need for process localizations
- Drive the end-to-end process review and uncover gaps between current and future model. Design local/regional solutions to manage these in the new model and support the creation of local action plans to implement the solutions
- Perform over/under payment and manage advance payments
- Manage pre-payroll, on-cycle payroll, off-cycle payroll processes
- Annual payroll reconciliation and new Payroll Year preparation
- Work with PPO and Legal to understand local legal framework, including tax advantages across a group of countries
- Social Insurance Tax Payment and Reporting
- Process payroll data
- Adjust basic time configuration of systems after initial implementation, as approved/required
- Track vendor deliverables on payroll SLAs via defined payroll metrics
- Be risk aware and help identify, report, mitigate and track risks in the payroll delivery process
- Integration of Workday with Kronos in APMT
- Participate in Time and Attendance initiatives including system upgrades, communication of changes to People Partners, testing and documenting all changes for historical and record retention policies, project support as needed
- Interface with People Partner/HRBPs to support employee/ manager queries
- Identify improvement opportunities in regional processes and raises them to global process managers
You are data, systems and process savvy in the Payroll, Time and Attendance domain and are excited about putting your deep expertise at work in the transition into new technology and processes at Maersk.
- Solid experience (5-8 years) in Payroll, Time & Attendance processes, within a complex international organization.
- Strong knowledge of compliance and legal regulations for payroll & benefits across a group of countries.
- In depth country specific tax knowledge, social security, and pension knowledge across a group of countries.
- Basic accounting knowledge.
- Broader HR Operations experience as well as exposure to an outsourced payroll model would be a benefit.
- Ability to effectively engage and mobilize diverse local HR stakeholders and vendors.
- A proactive, ‘let’s get it done’ attitude geared towards continuous improvement.
- Flexibility and adaptability to operate in a fast-paced, developing project environment, taking ownership, and setting directions with minimal guidance.
- Resilience: the change process, is anything but straightforward; accepting uncertainty and bouncing back from setbacks while keeping your enthusiasm is a tall order, but we need it.
- Collaborative working style, fostering cooperation and teamwork to find solutions.
- Highly analytical approach with a strong eye for detail.
- Structured working style and focus on delivering results as per agreed timescales and scope.
- Fluency in English.
How to Apply
Proceed with the Application by clicking on the link in the Apply Button
For the latest Jobs, Check our Job Listing
To apply for this job please visit jobsearch.maersk.com.