getin41 Mabati Rolling Mills (MRM)
Production Technician (Roll-Forming) – MRM
Hiring Organization: Mabati Rolling Mills (MRM)
Part of SAFAL Group
Location: Mariakani, Kenya
About the Position
The Production Technician (Roll-Forming) – MRM reports to the Production Engineer – Roll Forming and will be responsible for monitoring, coordination, and supervision of Roll Forming processes and manpower to ensure efficient production of Colour/AZ Coated Profiled sheets and accessories at optimum cost, acceptable quality levels and timely delivery to the market.
- Overall Supervision of production, manpower, and quality at Roll Forming section.
- Supervising the Roll Forming process, ensuring optimal production, Safety of manpower, and reduction on avoidable delays.
- Meet production targets through shift-wise execution of Production Programmes at the Roll Forming section.
- Monitoring product and Quality standards – to ensure that products are produced on time and are of good acceptable quality.
- Ensuring usage of systems of production tracking (SAP) and quality control.
- Participating in finding solutions for repetitive equipment failures and product complaints.
- Timely reporting of equipment health issues – for timely address to reduce downtime.
- Actively participate in problem-solving for safety, productivity and quality improvement.
- Control of material such as strapping wire, lifting belts / tongs and Power at finishing ensuring that they conform to the Budget.
- Supervising and motivating a team of workers; through effective supervision and solving / reporting of people issues where applicable.
- Ensure Team compliance to Quality, Environment, Health, and Safety.
- Supervise, participate and support 5K activities at Roll Forming.
- Performing other duties as assigned by the Production Engineer.
Minimum Diploma – Mechanical Engineering, Production Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution
Experience and Abilities
- Minimum of 6 years’ relevant work experience in the steel industry.
- Must have experience in ISO 9001, ISO 14001, Health and Safety.
- Ability to supervise and coordinate workforce with a passion to achieve results
- Proficiency in computer software applications; MS Word / Excel/ Power point.
- Manufacturing industry experience.
- Good understanding of SAP
To apply for this job please visit www.safalgroup.com.