getin41 Unilever Tea Kenya Limited
Security Manager (Kericho) for Unilever
Hiring Organization: Unilever Kenya
Security Manager: Main Purpose of the Job
The Security Manager ensures that threats to personnel, assets, and business operations/activities within the area are properly identified, evaluated, and countered in a timely and cost-effective manner. Provide Oversight, coordination, and timely advice to management on effective security management systems within the business.
Unilever Tea Kenya Limited (UTKL) grows and manufactures tea that offers diverse career experience with local and global experience to best practice. They produce the world-leading tea brand, LIPTON. They’re proud of their heritage, ready to innovate, and are looking for top talent to join their Security team. Potential candidates who meet this profile and have proven experience are invited to submit their application for the role of Security Manager.
- Implement proactive risk management processes in line with Business Security initiatives and liaise with Chief Security Officer for technical advice on Projects and emerging threats
- Manage operational activities and performance standards of in-house and 3rd Party Security contractors in adherence/compliance with agreed SLA’s.
- Responsible for coordination of immediate incident response, escalation, and immediate reporting on the Unilever Security Incident Reporting Network tool
- Support Chief Security Officer office in driving Group Security and Cluster Security Policy, Standards, and procedures and periodically revise procedure in line with the dynamic security threat environment.
- Periodically review and audit Security architecture as well as Internal Controls risk to ensure they are cost-effective and aligned to management objectives, close on any identified gaps
- Support various investigations on detected and reported breaches of security and security incidents.
- Manage oversight of Protective intelligence through proactive information collection to avoid disruptions from violent crime or political unrest.
- In conjunction with the Chief Security Officer, implement proactive security awareness programs or processes and to protect life, corporate assets and to ensure business continuity
- Ensure Security induction and briefing of all new joiner’s international staff/visitors on in-country security issues on arrival at Factory Sites and Office on the security situation in the country.
- Provide coordination and support for all high-profile visits, Events, and Functions as may be required from time to time
- Liaise with and develop relationships with various Law Enforcement, Community leaders, village elders, and & Emergency Services in the event of a security incident/emergency (i.e. fire, medical, mechanical breakdown) and ensure timely reaction to incidents
- Coordinate availability and relevant training security personnel to implement Incident response and Business contingency plans effectively
- Transact on all Security governance, enterprise resource planning, and mandatory reporting systems and ensure that security transactions are closed on time.
- Implement a loss prevention programme that exhibits constant synergy between business controls and security controls so that internal loss threats are effectively mitigated.
- Ensure that the Security team has effective working tools and equipment always to maintain effective Security interventions
- Minimum ten years relevant experience within Security Management; Plantations or Corporate Security experience is an added advantage
- Minimum three years experience in proven ability to deploy and manage modern Security technology system solutions and management of Security Command Centre operations.
- Five years experience in commanding a large number of in-house /3P security guard personnel.
- Be a university graduate, relevant professional post-graduate qualification is an added advantage.
- Sound understanding of principles in the protection of company information, including computer-based and information Security measures required to achieve this
- Good judgment; analytical, emotional resilience, and problem-solving skills
- Self-driven with impeccable organizational, communication, and cross-functional engagement skills
- Impeccable integrity, Sound investigations, and report writing skills
Women and People living with a disability are encouraged to apply
To start the application process, click on the brown link in the apply button
For The Latest Jobs Click on our Job Listings
To apply for this job please visit unilever.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.