getin41 County Assembly of Bungoma
Senior Accountant – Bungoma County
Hiring Organization: County Assembly of Bungoma
Job Grade CASB 5
Reference: CASB 23/8/2021
Location: Bungoma, Kenya
Application Deadline: 23rd September 2021
The Bungoma County Assembly Service Board invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the following Position: Senior Accountant – Bungoma County. The remuneration for the Senior Accountant – Bungoma County shall be as below:
- Basic Salary: Kshs. 87,360
- House Allowance: Kshs. 21,000
- Other Allowance: Kshs. 12,000
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinating preparation and submission of the monthly, quarterly, and annual Financial Reports to relevant government agencies;
- Processing payments through IFMIS;
- Coordinating the preparation and submission of reconciliation reports to the relevant government agencies.
- Coordinating the payment process in the County Assembly;
- Enforce compliance with County Assembly’s internal controls for all payments.
- Verifying entries on books of accounts;
- Reviewing draft audit responses;
- Verifying entries on the fixed assets register;
- Drafting departmental procurement requisitions;
- Identifying departmental training needs based on performance appraisal reports;
- Drafting departmental budget proposal; and
- Mentoring and coaching staff.
Requirements for Appointment
- Minimum of Four (4) years experience in the relevant field;
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines:- Commerce (Accounting/Finance option), Finance, Economics, Business Administration (Accounting/Finance option), Business Management(Accounting/Finance option), or any other equivalent and relevant qualification from a recognized institution;
- Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines:- Commerce (Accounting/Finance option), Finance, Economics, Business Administration (Accounting/Finance option), Business Management(Accounting/Finance option), or any other equivalent and relevant qualification from a recognized institution will be an added advantage;
- Part III of the Certified Public Accountants (CPA-K) Examination;
- Certificate in a Senior Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution will be an added advantage;
- Membership with Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) and in good standing;
- Proficiency in computer application skills;
- Demonstrated managerial, administrative, and professional competence in work performance.
- Meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010
How to Apply
All applications should indicate clearly the position applied for and the advert number (Reference) on the top left corner of the envelope and be addressed to;
County Assembly Service Board
County Assembly of Bungoma
P.O. Box 1886 – 50200, Bungoma
Or via email: email@example.com
Or be hand-delivered to the Human Resources Management Office, Room 10 at the main County Assembly building.
Interested candidates are should submit their applications no later than 23rd September 2021
The County Assembly of Bungoma is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.bungomaassembly.go.ke.