getin41 Kakamega County PSB
Supply Chain Management Officer II – 6 positions
Hiring Organization: Kakamega County Public Service Board
Department of Finance, Economic Planning and ICT
Job Group CPSB 10 (‘J’) – (6 Posts)
Location: Kakamega, Kenya
Application Deadline: 22nd October 2021
The County Government of Kakamega invites applications from suitably qualified persons serving with the Kakamega County Public Service, to fill the following vacant positions: Supply Chain Management Officer II – 6 positions.
Basic Salary Scale: Kshs. 31,270 x 1,300 – 32,570 x 1,380 – 33,950 x 1,390 – 35,340 x 1,460 – 36,800 x 1,470 – 38,270 x 1,470 – 39,740 x 1,520 – 41,260 p.m.
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
Duties and responsibilities:
- Prepare work plans, procurement plans and budgets;
- Ensure compliance with the Procurement Act and Regulations in the execution of supply chain programs;
- Preview purchase requests and specifications from user departments to ensure that the right items/services are procured;
- Prepare and maintain procurement records, reports and price lists;
- Participate in supplier sourcing and carry out market surveys;
- Process requisition, maintain security and safe custody of stores;
- Make recommendations for disposal of unserviceable items;
- Participate in Stock taking and inventory management;
- Ensure safe custody of procurement records including appropriate documentation.
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade;
- Be a Kenyan Citizen
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following: – Procurement and Supplies Management, Commerce, Business Administration (Supplies Management Option), Economics, Marketing or their equivalent from a recognized Institution;
- Served in the grade of Supply Chain Management Assistant III or in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service for a minimum period of three (3)years;
- Have a Diploma (CIPS) in Supplies Management or its equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution.
- Have a Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) mean grade C- (minus) with a minimum of C- in Mathematics and English or Kiswahili or its equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution.
- Demonstrated outstanding professional competence in procurement work.
- Be a member of the Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM) or CIPS.
- Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form.
- All the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the on-line form.
- ALL Serving Officers in County Public Service, MUST clearly indicate on the on-line form: –
- Officer’s Payroll Number;
- Date of first appointment;
- Date of last promotion to the current grade;
- Substantive designation and Job Group; and
- During interviews, shortlisted candidates will be required to produce the following original documents: – National Identity Card; Academic and Professional Certificates; and current payslip and letter of last promotion to the current grade.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- The County Government of Kakamega is an equal opportunity employer and it encourages women, persons living with Disabilities to apply.
- The recruitment team shall only contact shortlisted and successful candidates.
How to Apply
All applicants should click on the Job Offers Option on the County Website www.kakamega.go.ke, fill the Application Form and submit it ONLINE on or before Friday, 22nd October, 2021 at 11.59 P.M.
N/B: No hard copy or emailed applications to the Board’s official email i.e. email@example.com will be accepted.
Applicants are advised to provide accurate information when making applications, those who give false information regarding their credentials and qualifications will be automatically disqualified.
Please Note: Kakamega County Public Service Board (KCPSB) DOES NOT use Agents nor charge ANY FEE at any stage of the recruitment and selection process. Our official communication channels are; email address firstname.lastname@example.org and phone number 0713852573 ONLY.
Proceed with the Application by clicking on the link in the Apply Button
For the latest Jobs, Check our Job Listing
To apply for this job please visit 188.8.131.52.