getin41 Veterinary Medicines Directorate
VMD Supply Chain Officer
Hiring Organization: The Veterinary Medicines Directorate – VMD
Job Reference NO. 02/2022
Scale: VMD 6
Application Deadline: 11th July 2022
The Veterinary Medicines Directorate – VMD invites applications from qualified persons for the following positions: VMD Supply Chain Officer.
Remuneration and Terms
Basic Salary: Ksh 59,500 X4,500-93,500X6,000-99,500
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
Brief About The Veterinary Medicines Directorate – VMD
The Veterinary Medicines Directorate (VMD) is a body corporate established pursuant to CAP 366 (article 39) of the laws of Kenya. The functions of the Directorate are as per legal Notice No. 209 of 2015 gazette of 9th October, 2015. VMD was formed with the aim of implementing appropriate regulatory measures to achieve the highest standards of safety, efficacy and quality for veterinary medicines whether locally manufactured, imported, exported, distributed, sold, or used, to ensure the protection of animal health and welfare, food safety and security as well as public health and the environment as envisaged by all laws in force in Kenya.
The mandate of VMD is to regulate the manufacture, importation, exportation, registration, distribution, prescription and dispensing of veterinary medicines and the practice of veterinary pharmacy in Kenya.
Qualifications and Requirements:
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement & Supplies Management, Business Administration, or other relevant field from a recognized institution;
- Proficiency in computer applications; and
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution.
Duties and responsibilities entail assisting in;
- Sourcing for goods, works and services as per the procurement law;
- Raising purchase orders for goods and services for approval;
- Liaising with suppliers to ensure timely delivery of goods and services;
- Maintaining and update a list of prequalified suppliers;
- Undertaking market surveys to ensure the organization obtains value for money;
- Ensuring safe custody of all procurements records;
- Opening of quotations;
- Opening and evaluation of tenders and quotations;
- Verifying invoices and other documents that facilitate payment to suppliers;
- Maintaining procurement activities register, tender and quotation registers;
- Preparing a list of items for the procurement planning; and
- Providing secretariat services to committees incidental to procurement of goods and services, and disposal of assets.
Competencies and skills
How to Apply
Candidates who meet the above criteria are to submit a hard or soft copy application, detailed curriculum vitae and other testimonials to:
The Chief Executive Officer, Veterinary Medicines Directorate;
or deliver hard copies with the envelope clearly marking the Reference Number: …. to the Veterinary Medicines Directorate Offices, PCPB Plaza, Loresho Ridge Ground Floor; Addressed to:
Veterinary Medicines Directorate
P.O. Box 66171-00800
Deadline For Application: Monday 11th July, 2022 AT 5.00 P.M.
The recruitment team will only contact shortlisted and successful candidates.
Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
The Veterinary Medicines Directorate is an equal opportunity employer and selects
candidates on merit through fair and open competition from the widest range of eligible
For more details, please visit; https://www.vmd.go.ke/