Position: Commercial Manager – Tanzania
Location: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Job Function: Sales & Marketing
Application Deadline: 28th February 2021
We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably and responsibly solve some of the world’s key challenges – resource scarcity, food insecurity, and environmental change.
About the Unit
YARA Tanzania is a duly registered company under the Laws of Tanzania as a subsidiary of Fertilizers Holdings AS. with headquarters in Dar es Salaam. The aim is to develop a market concept that increases the number of farmers using fertilizer in Tanzania including better knowledge in plant nutrition, improved distribution, and logistics. One of Yara’s investments in the country includes the construction of a 40 KT bulk terminal near the port of Dar Es Salaam which handles the importation of bulk fertilizer, packaging, and sale in Tanzania, Rwanda, and Burundi.
Commercial Manager is a position based in Makambako, Njombe region responsible for Yara business in the southern part of Tanzania.
- Implement Yara’s business strategy for the assigned region, own the region’s commercial objectives and budget.
- Ensuring alignment of our channel partners to Yara Crop Nutrition’s “crop focus, farmer-centric” strategy through continuous engagement.
- Follow up on Yara’s crop roadmap and develop new solutions, application tools, and market opportunities.
- Ensure assigned team’s performance and engagement through alignment programs, talent development plans, and performance management.
- Represents Yara in all Partnerships in its Region as well as supporting Commercial Farms/Key Accounts.
- Research relevant markets to identify potential products and market opportunities.
- Monitor, promote, and safeguard Yara values and reputation in the assigned region
- University Degree in Agronomy or related field
- A minimum of 7 years of work experience in a sales-driven multinational with 3 years experience in a managerial position
- Experience in leading a productive commercial team
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills and result-oriented
- Fluent in both English and Swahili languages
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill
To apply for this job please visit jobs.yara.com.